Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of Year Book Survey

1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

This is really tough but my gut is telling me that the winner is...


(Second place is definitely Just One Day by Gayle Forman! I was able to relate to that book sooo much!!)

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Just One Year by Gayle Forman!!! I was so let down by this book :(

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 

While I didn't LOVE this book, I definitely liked it and it surprised me because it's written verse or prose!




4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?

Definitely Meant To Be!!!

5. Best series you discovered in 2013?


6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?

Jennifer E. Smith and Gayle Forman!

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?


I didn't really read anything that was out of my comfort zone. I did read Carrie by Stephen King but I didn't like it!

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

From what I remember, this book was one of the only ones that I read in a matter of hours!


9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?



11. Most memorable character in 2013?

Allyson from Just One Day and Daemon Black from the Lux series :)

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Just One Day by Gayle Forman

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?


14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
Basically every book I read this year haha! When I decided to start a book blog in May, was when I discovered all of these books!


15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?


16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

Shortest: Infinity by Sarah Dessen (112 pages)
Longest: Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe (458 pages)

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

I think probably everything in Just One Day, Pivot Point and Meant To Be!!

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc)

Emmaline and Benji in The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen! (brother/sister relationship)

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

I think Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen!!

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:

I don't think I read a book recommended by anyone...I read Fangirl because everyone was raving about it so I guess technically it was kind of the recommendation of everyone.

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?


I think it was definitely Contemporary YA.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?


Daemon Black for sure!!

23. Best 2013 debut you read?



24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?

I don't think any book stood out visually for me.

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?

The Lux series!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?

Meant To Be, Pivot Point, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, Just One Day!

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?

I don't know!

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?


2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?

None hahaha! I am awful at writing!

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?


I tried to get people to participate here and there but no one has and I don't do discussions because I just don't have the following for it.

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?

Argh there was this post that Octavia did when there was all of this drama happening on Twitter but I can't find it now!

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)

Wordstock!!! (Read about my experience HERE)

6. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?

Probably meeting Jessica Brody and having her already know who I was! And then just discovering all of these books that I never would have otherwise!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

My most popular post was my Horror October intro post! Only 57 views.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My reviews definitely! I know I'm awful at writing and it's hard to put my thoughts into words but I'd love to be able to actually discuss the books I read with people!

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Goodreads for sure! What a life saver!

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I tried to read 100 books but only did like 55 or something. I did participate in a few read-a-thons which were really fun. I didn't accomplish any of the challenges I signed up for. I overwhelmed myself and hope to not do that in 2014! I was excited and wanted to try everything!

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?



2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill, Split Second by Kasie West and Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler!

3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?



4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?

I am so behind on series that I really have no clue!

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?


I hope to get more interaction with my followers and get this blog to be more interactive!!

1 comment:

  1. I have Meant to Be on hold at the library! Yes, Jennifer E. Smith is an amazing author! I'm really looking forward to her new book this year! :) Goodreads is really great, it's made blogging a lot easier for me! Open Road Summer is one of the books I'm really excited for next year too! :)

    ReplyDelete