Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Just One Day - Gayle Forman

"Anything can happen in just one day."

Summary: Allyson is on a school trip to Europe when she meets Willem who invites her to spend one day with him in Paris...a day she will never forget.

I read this book as part of a read along for the last month and I am so glad I did! I loved reading it as part of an event and then getting to answer questions each week. It allowed me to not have to rush through the book and I really got to look at the book on a deeper level. I started off thinking that 'Yes, this book is really good and I can really relate to Allyson.' But at the same time, my relating to Allyson wasn't enough to make me fall in love with the book. Then I got to the last 5 chapters or so and WOW. BEST. BOOK. EVER. I was literally bawling my eyes out and freaking out because I couldn't tell what was going to happen! I couldn't even see my Nook screen because I was crying so hard. I was so scared reading the ending and wanted to throw my Nook at the wall. I've LOVED other books and I have ones that I also claim as best book ever but this one is different. Different because, in the end, books (or movies/tv shows) that make me react this much and leave me heartbroken but hopeful at the same time and have that bittersweet ending are what I live for. When I mentioned this to my mom, she says it's because I'm a hopeless romantic (which I am). I'm still emotional thinking about this book and I'm at a loss at what else to say right now but to read more, check out the links below to see all of my thoughts throughout the last month.

Rating: 10/10

Week 1 // Week 2 // Week 3 // Week 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment