Monday, February 9, 2015

Gossip Girl #1 - Cecily von Ziegesar

Summary from Goodreads:

Welcome to New York City’s Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep—sometimes with each other.

S is back from boarding school, and if we aren’t careful, she’s going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn’t fit into, steal our boyfriends’ hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I’ll be watching closely...

You know you love me,

Gossip Girl



I've owned the first 10 or so Gossip Girl books for quite a few years now and I always really want to read them but just never do. Well, I finally read book one and it was SO HARD TO GET THROUGH. Once we got to the Kiss on the Lips benefit, I started enjoying it - but maybe that was because I knew I was finally almost done with the book. Gossip Girl gets a 3/5 rating from me simply because this series is everything I love. There's New York, the Upper East, the lives of the rich and the fabulous, drama, boys, cattiness, gossip. And I love the website Gossip Girl has. I've seen the show which I loved and I know who GG is on there but I'm very curious to find out who it is in the books. I love Ziegesar's spin-off series, It-Girl, so I recommend reading that one instead of Gossip Girl. I want to talk about the characters/plot for a minute because I've seen the show so I want to compare the book and show. I'm happy to see that book one and the pilot episode are pretty true to each other - the show is more dramatic of course. I think they casted the television show perfectly. Blake Lively IS Serena and she is so insanely gorgeous, it's ridiculous. Ed Westwick aka Chuck Bass is one of the best casting choices I've ever seen. So hot. I don't like book Vanessa but I absolutely adore Jessica Szhor as Vanessa (and I'm so glad they didn't choose to have a girl with a shaved head!). My absolute favorite is Taylor Momsen. It's been so weird seeing her go from bubbly little blonde when the show first started, to hard core goth girl and rock chick. I actually do listen to her music and would love to see her in concert. I think she's just so awesome and her character Jenny is definitely my second favorite (after Chuck Bass). Hopefully I will be featuring the rest of these books in the future! :)

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment