Friday, January 16, 2015

I Didn't Come Here To Make Friends - Courtney Robertson

Summary from Goodreads:

Courtney Robertson joined season 16 of The Bachelor looking for love. A working model and newly single, Courtney fit the casting call: She was young, beautiful, and a natural in front of the cameras. Although she may have been there for all the right reasons, as the season unfolded and sparks began to fly something else was clear: She was not there to make friends.

Courtney quickly became one of the biggest villains in Bachelor franchise history. She unapologetically pursued her man, steamrolled her competition, and broke the rules—including partaking in an illicit skinny-dip that sealed her proposal. Now, after a very public breakup with her Bachelor, Ben Flajnik, Courtney opens up and tells her own story—from her first loves to her first moments in the limo. She dishes on life before, during, and after the Bachelor, including Ben's romantic proposal to her on a Swiss mountaintop and the tabloid frenzy that continued after the cameras stopped rolling.

For the first time ever, a former Bachelor contestant takes us along on her journey to find love and reveals that “happily ever after” isn't always what it seems.

                         This is Courtney.                         
 

This is Ben.

They fell in love and got engaged.

Then in typical Bachelor/Bachelorette fashion, 
everything fell apart.

So, if you know me, you would know that I am obsessed with The Bachelor/Bachelorette. When I was at Barnes & Noble one day, I saw Courtney Robertson on a book and was like 'OMFG SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. SOMEONE FINALLY TOLD SECRETS ABOUT THE SHOW!!!" I was freaking out and had to read the book ASAP. I obsessively read Ali Fedotowsky's blogs where she answers questions about the show and I follow tons of the contestants on Twitter and Instagram. I love reality tv and all of the drama that comes with it even if it is fake. Courtney's book was not the best writing wise, but I ate up everything she shared. I was shocked at how open she was being (she shared the first time she masturbated!) and definitely felt like my mom should've taken the book from me and covered my eyes. But I couldn't stop reading because I just couldn't believe I was getting inside dirt on one of the couples that came out of the show. I remember watching Ben's season and I was DEFINITELY NOT A FAN OF COURTNEY - #TeamLindziFOREVER. I, like everyone else, thought she was a mean girl. But, after reading this book, I am 100% #TeamCourtney even though she was at fault as well. Don't make me regret this decision Courtney! If you enjoy the show and want a crazy, in-depth look at these two, then read this book! :) I'm going to go try and find the episodes online so I can re-watch with all of the new information I've been given!

Rating:
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment