Saturday, December 27, 2014

Chloe By Design: Making The Cut - Margaret Gurevich

Summary from Goodreads:

16-year-old Chloe Montgomery has always loved everything to do with fashion. Clothes, accessories, designing - she knows it all. And when she finds out Teen Design Diva, a new reality series for aspiring teenage designers is holding auditions in her town, she's desperate to win a spot on the show. She knows this is her chance to finally get her designs noticed. But before Chloe can realize her dreams, she has to survive the competition.







Making The Cut was such a fun (and pretty!) read! I love watching Project Runway and Jane by Design (which only lasted one season thanks to stupid ABC Family) is one of my favorite shows ever. I find the world of fashion fascinating so this book was perfect for me. Making The Cut is definitely like Jane By Design except in this book, Chloe is competing on a show like Project Runway. While the story is Young Adult, it does kind of have a younger vibe to it so it would be easy for Middle Graders to read as well. Don't go into this book expecting an amazing story, it's just a fun fluff read! What I loved was the book featured tons of illustrations so that when a design was being talked about, there was a picture on the next page that showed the outfit so it was easier to understand the critiques and everything. There is a hint of boy meets girl and a crush forms, but I'm so glad that wasn't focused on. I really hope there's another book because I would love to follow Chloe's life and see what happens next for her!

Rating: 8.5/10

Here are some pictures of the book that I took to show you a taste of what you get inside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment