Sunday, November 16, 2014

First Love - James Patterson

Summary from Goodreads:
Axi Moore is a "good girl": She studies hard, stays out of the spotlight, and doesn't tell anyone how all she really wants is to run away from it all. The only person she can tell is her best friend, Robinson--who she also happens to be madly in love with.

When Axi spontaneously invites Robinson to come with her on an impulsive cross-country road trip, she breaks the rules for the first time in her life. But the adventure quickly turns from carefree to out of control after the teens find themselves on the run from the police. And when Robinson suddenly collapses, Axi has to face the truth that this trip might be his last.

So I've seen some comments on Goodreads about how First Love is a rip off and is exactly like The Fault In Our Stars. Well, yes, it's a cancer story and someone dies...but in my opinion it's better then TFIOS. I absolutely love the movie version of TFIOS but I just could not get into the book. The problem? I couldn't get emotionally invested with the characters - I just felt no connection whatsoever. First Love had that though. I've never read anything by James Patterson but I think for a Young Adult book First Love was done pretty well and this is a story from his past. I loved that we followed Robinson and Axi on a road trip across the country and saw so much growth in Axi. I liked the pacing of the story as well. I do agree with some comments about how the book seemed dumbed down but I don't get why everyone is hating all of it so much.

Rating: 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment