Monday, January 20, 2014

The Rules For Disappearing - Ashley Elston


"Never tell anyone your secrets. They're called secrets for a reason."

Summary: Meg and her family are a part of the Witness Protection program and are sent to live in Louisiana. Meg has rules for herself like "be forgettable," "don't join any clubs," and "don't fall into a routine." So what happens when Meg meets Ethan, the cute southern boy? She ignores her plan and he starts questioning who she really is. But together they may just figure out why her family was put in the program after all.

I really really liked this book! I haven't read a book that features someone in the Witness Protection Program so it was really interesting to read and makes me want to learn more! The idea also reminded me of the Olsen twins movie Our Lips Are Sealed except this book had more drama and was a thriller! The book was really well written and I love how every character was developed! Ethan is one of the best guys ever! He is so swoon worthy! I don't think a guy in real life would be as willing as Ethan was to help Meg though. I do wish Meg's mom was featured a little more because I felt like that story line got wrapped up a little too easily in a way. I loved seeing the struggles Meg and her little sister Teeny had to face and how Meg was always so protective though and how she was always there whenever she could be. And when Teeny and Ethan bonded - so cute! I was so happy that Meg and Teeny both had someone there for them and I loved seeing Meg eventually learn to accept help and let people in. It's a really hard lesson for anyone to learn no matter what the circumstances are! I was definitely surprised when I found out why they were even in the Program! But I was happy that I guessed who one of the bad people were :) This book was just so fun and is perfect to read anytime! So go read it right now! I can't wait for the second one to come out!

Rating: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear this is a fun read! I've seen this one before, but I've never given it much thought. I'll have to keep this book in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete