Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Just One Year Read Along - Week 4

Ok I am FINALLY done with Just One Year! Yay! While I didn't particularly love the book, I definitely loved this final section of chapters for Week 4 of this read along! Here are my answers to this weeks questions!

1. How do you feel about the travel aspect and sense of worldliness in Willem’s life versus Allyson’s own travels and personal adventures? How do you think travel affects their lives differently?
What does travel mean to you?
----------->I love that Willem's life is full of traveling (even if he was using it as an excuse to run)! And I love that Allyson traveled and I hope she does more of it! I think traveling is so important and that everyone needs to do it! Yes, it's fun to travel around the States but in order for someone to fully learn about themselves and about life, they need to go outside of the US, outside of their comfort zone! I can't wait for the day when I get to go to Europe! I really think it's going to change me because right now, without travel, I feel like something is missing. In Willem's case, he had to travel to realize that what was missing was back home all along whereas I think it would be opposite with me.

2. Another big symbol in the book was Allyson’s watch. We know it meant something specific for Allyson. What do you think it meant for Willem?
----------->I honestly still don't know if I know! This applies to the double happiness symbol as well! What I absolutely love about these books is how thought provoking they are and how they force me to think! I feel like I'm going to be working out my thoughts for days to come and I don't know if I'll ever get them all figured out!

3. Both Willem and Allyson grew because of what they found in each other. Is there a person in your life who has helped you grow? Who helped you bring out the person you wanted to be?
----------->There's two people that are a really really long story so I won't share it but I still hope to find someone else that will help push me even more when I need it. In a way though, I already know who I've always wanted to be and I think it's up to me to get there - I don't think anyone should really help you except you.

4. Who caught the Adam Wilde reference!?
----------->I did and I haven't even read If I Stay yet! :)

5. How did you feel about the ending? There have been quite a few reactions! What did you think?
----------->I personally really liked the ending! I was surprised because I've heard others say they hated it but overall it's ok with me! Yes, I would've loved more closure but I'm just happy with the outcome :)

Thank you to Brittany from The Book Addict's Guide for hosting this leg of the Gayle Forman Read Along! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment