Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Meant To Be - Lauren Morrill

"Point is, maybe some people wouldn't want to be around me all day, but there are people out there who would. And they're smart and funny. And they like some of the same things I like and hate some of the things I hate, but they also introduce me to all kinds of new things. That's as close to 'meant to be' as I can imagine."

Summary: Julia is on a class trip to London where she is forced to be buddies with Jason who she hates. After a night of rule breaking, Julia starts receiving texts from a secret admirer...is it her MTB?

THIS BOOK. OMG. When I finished it, I was literally in tears and wanted to jump around my living room and scream with joy! For this review I think it would be better to just list the things I liked...Jason, London, Jason, rule breaking, Jason, Shakespeare, and oh yeah, JASON. Normally I probably would hate a character like him but I was hooked on him from the beginning. This book was laugh out loud funny and had me at this description of Jason's immaturity on the flight to London when there's extreme turbulence: "Jason's got his arms raised like he's on a roller coaster." He is seriously just the craziest, cutest guy ever. And he sings! I love how he always calls Julia 'Book Licker!' I highlighted so many Jason moments on my Nook and one of my favorites was when he gets Julia a replacement of her Shakespeare book that she lost. I DIED. There is also a really cool twist that I actually wasn't able to figure out that I don't want to spoil so GO READ THIS BOOK :)

Rating: 10/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment