Friday, July 19, 2013

The Au Pairs (Book 1) - Melissa de la Cruz

"In the end, it had been the best summer of their lives. Maybe there was truth in advertising after all."

Summary: Mara, Jacqui and Eliza are on their way to having the best summer ever after they get jobs as Au Pairs for Kevin Perry in the Hamptons.

I've read a couple of books by Cruz now and nothing has been as awesome as her book Girl Stays in the Picture! Thank goodness this one was decent, though! But that's not saying much when the only thing I liked about this book was the fact that it took place in the Hamptons. I was looking for that spark that made me feel like they did have the best summer but I was just annoyed with everyone - except for Ryan...he sounds like a cutie! Mara was my favorite because she was they typical girl next door and I was looking forward to seeing her and Ryan's relationship but Cruz barely gave us anything. As a reader, we literally get to see them have like three conversations and then all of a sudden their in love! I was like 'Wait...what?!' Cruz writes books though that gives us insight into the rich which I love so that's why I read them. They're just fluff, though. Oh and I LOVE the new book cover but wish they kept the old title. Beach Lane doesn't really work well for me.

Rating: 6/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment