Friday, July 19, 2013

Flirting in Italian - Lauren Henderson

"My adventure - maybe my real life - is about to begin."

Summary: Violet sets off on a journey to Italy to find out more about a painting that features a girl that looks just like her.

Oh my gosh, this book was awful. It might as well be considered a DNF for me because I basically skimmed it after the first 140 pages. Going into this, you get little information on what the book is actually going to be about. The second I read the Prologue, I was like 'This is so stupid." I don't know anyone in the real world who would automatically set out on a "life journey" just to learn more about a painting and the person in it. Once Violet actually gets to Italy, the story gets even worse. I don't want to spoil what happens in case you actually want to read the book but it was one of the worst story lines I've ever read. It just wasn't believable at all! And I can't believe there's going to be a second one! The only part I liked was this kiss that Violet shared with this hot Italian guy but even that storyline got ruined. I was warned that this book was bad but gave it a shot anyways. I really wish I hadn't.

Rating: 0.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment