Thursday, May 30, 2013

Audition - Stasia Ward Kehoe

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgodXmPm4jjSW5gFuoVVNrf1eDGPb-0EGfGgiVwqiWu-xzsECLs-1QFQ7qNYSCOhp_9RE9SkSj4BAxhhFLWWJtNtzn5L5AToNjK5ZT02DNWxruO1bZ5auM5WHKFsuA9x9m4fYKgVImgAj8/s1600/Audition_front+fullqual.png 
"Wish my life were inside a book so I could turn to the ending, see if it is a love story or a gothic disaster."

Summary: Sara leaves home to study ballet in a city she's never been before after she receives a scholarship. While there, Sara falls for Remington, a choreographer in his early twenties. Becoming his muse, Sara starts to question her love for Rem, her love of ballet and discovers a new passion of hers - writing.

I checked this book out at the library before I bothered looking at the style of writing so I was surprised to find that it was written in verse. I usually avoid these books at all cost, but since I love the world of ballet I decided to give it a shot and I'm glad I did! The style of writing really fit with the subject matter and made the story a lot more intense and romantic and upsetting. I think many people can relate to Sara. Everyone is trying to figure out what path to take and they find that sometimes they make the wrong choices on that journey.

Rating: 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment