Monday, June 15, 2015

Around The World With... (June 2015)

Hey everyone! I created a new feature for Unraveling Books! I love to travel and want to go all over the world one day and I also love books! So, I decided to find a new way to incorporate the two and came up with "Around the World with..." Each month I am going to feature one of you lovely book bloggers and ask you some questions about books and traveling.

So without further ado, here is...



If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Start with the hard questions, huh? :-) Really, it changes every few months. I'd currently love to go somewhere in Northern Europe. Perhaps Denmark or Holland?

If you were a city what city would you be?
Quebec City. Not as loud as New York or London, but not too quiet, either. Something between European and North American. The perfect blend of modernity and ancient old-fashioned style.

Favorite place you’ve been to?
Venice. HANDS DOWN. Venice is The Place for Magic. You want a mystical city filled with shadows and alleyways and twinkling lights where anything could happen? Go to Venice.

Favorite setting in a book? Least favorite?
I mean, I think it's pretty awesome that the Divergent series is set in my home town of Chicago. I recognize the references! But I also really love the fictional town of Henrietta, Virginia from Maggie Stiefaver's The Raven Boys. It makes me want to visit Virginia sometime. It sounds utterly gorgeous!

Are you planning on traveling anywhere in 2015?
So far, no. But we still have time! Who knows what deals my my mother may find on the internet?

Favorite book set in Europe? North America (East, West, North, South, Midwest - pick a book for each location in North America or just a couple that you like)? Other place?

Do you realize how many of my favorite authors set their books in Europe? From a classics perspective, we have Les Miserables and The Chronicles of Narnia (but really, this list coiuld go on forever). From the more modern pile of books, we have Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. One European favorite is NOT HAPPENING.

For North America, I really like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. And for other places, there's the Number One Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. That's set in Botswana, which I find fascinating. Put that on my list for visiting someday!

If you were taking a road trip, what would be some of your must see tourist stops?
Mount Rushmore. I have yet to see Mount Rushmore. And I would love to stop by at the Carlsbad Caverns. Gosh. I need to travel the US more! I'm always going international and there's so much awesomeness in my own country. :)

Favorite author? Where are they from?
I've got two. C. S. Lewis, from England, and Victor Hugo, from France.


SIGN-UPS FOR THIS FEATURE ARE OPEN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment