Saturday, April 25, 2015

Love Aced/Love Strung - Jamie W. Matlock

Summary from Goodreads:

Kole Masters has a problem. Well, problems actually. After injuring her knee at the French Open, she flees from a hospital in Paris to Marbella, Spain to escape the pressures of her manager father and the indecisions about her career – specifically, the future of it. What makes untangling her chaotic mess of a life on the shores of a Spanish beach undesirable? The fact that her now, ex-best friend Selene (she planned to announce her demotion the next time they saw each other), failed to mention the parts of the plan that involved the fiery, outspoken, anti-American tennis player Santiago Martinez.

So with a bum knee, an uncomfortable living situation and uncertainties about her future, her life isn’t exactly going as peachy as she’d planned.

Kole begins to understand that in order to figure out her future, she must sort through, and come to terms with, her past. Easy right? Not hardly. And the fact that her feelings towards Santiago – somehow and most certainly against her will – have progressed past snide remarks, heated conversations and death threats to longing for caresses that she can’t understand, jealousy that won’t go away and, eventually, the most incredible sexual experiences of her life…Well, she’s in it up to her elbows.
I LOVED THIS BOOK. For starters, it's about tennis, which is my favorite sport of all time and I am always on the lookout for anything about this world that I feel I know so little about - even if it is a story that is fiction. Also, Santiago...OH MY GOD. HE IS SO HOT. And I loved that it took place in Spain even though Kole didn't actually get to go out and explore the new location she was staying in. But she got to live with a hot Spaniard so she was still lucky! I liked seeing her battle the big secret she was holding and to see how everything played out in the end! She really grew up and started standing up for herself and then was able to accept the happiness that she deserved which is the way to go in my eyes. The only parts I didn't like were these weird moments with her mom that I feel like came out of nowhere. I'm not sure if I figured out whether they actually helped the story or not. Just like with my review of Positively Beautiful, I think there could've been some more editing and it wouldn't have impacted the story in a negative way.

Rating: 4/5

***********************
Summary from Goodreads:

Country music hopeful, Kennedy Masters is a leap-before-you-look type of woman. Live in the moment, the here and now. That's her policy - anything other than that is boring, and she's never been particularly interested in boring. So, when she makes the erratic decision to join country music's reigning star, Mick Callahan, on his tour bus after a show, she's just living right up to her life's motto.

The only problem? Her snap decision making lands her on the front page news and it's for less than desirable reasons. Even worse is the fact that Mick decides she's his next conquest, sporadically announcing to the public that they're engaged.

Her only option? Hiding out at the Callahan Ranch until the storm blows over - a decision that she's not altogether pleased with, but one that she must follow considering the circumstances. When unexpected sparks fly upon meeting Mick's mysterious older brother, Griff Callahan, Kennedy's left sorting through matters of the heart - something that's not exactly her forte.

Oh,and her career? Well, it's been labeled TBD.

Kennedy must figure out a way to deal with her heart and her career, all while fighting her own feelings and fending off someone else's.
I was so excited to read this one after I read Love Aced because the first one was so good that I thought this spinoff would be as well. But I found that after the excitement of the tennis world, I just didn't care enough to get invested in Kennedy and her attempt at music stardom. I thought this book was so ridiculous and honestly I couldn't even finish it. I am always surprised at New Adult books because I'm just like "Is this what it's really like in the real world?" I mean, seriously, Mick announcing that he and Kennedy are engaged (it's in the summary) even though she's busy hooking up with the other brother, just to keep up appearances. I just didn't buy it. And that's the point of the book that I stopped. The only plus that would make me want to keep reading and try it again is the dialogue between Kennedy and Griff!

Rating: DNF
Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment