Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - 2015


(I took this button from the Readathon Twitter since I couldn't find what button we were using this year!)

HELLO!!!!! 
So I had been going back and forth on whether or not I can and want to try and participate in the readathon this year and then finally decided to signup yesterday! I haven't been reading much this year and life and a sucky Internet connection have been getting in the way. But I am going to attempt to participate for a few hours today and see what happens! Last year I only read three books and I think I made it for 19 hours. You can see what happened last year HERE. This year I plan to read books less than 200 pages (at least according to Adobe Digital Editions). They are as follows:

Snark and Circumstance Book 1 - COMPLETED
Charm and Consequence Book 2 - COMPLETED
Chasing McCree
Cinderella in Cleats #1 - COMPLETED
Cinderella in Skates #2
Cinderella Steals Home #3
Cinderella in the Surf #4


Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
             Park City, Utah! Last year I was participating from my home state of Oregon.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
             The Cinderella ones....although I got all these like a year ago for my Nook and don't actually remember what anything is about...

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?










4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
            I'm 26, a Twin, I love to travel and I'm back in Park City, Utah - the greatest place on Earth trying to make living here permanent. I love to read but have a hard time finding the time to read since I work two jobs (at a movie theater and on Monday I start as a Housekeeping Supervisor)! My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks :)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
            READ SHORTER BOOKS!!!


CLASSIC WORDS OF WISDOM CHALLENGE:
I really hate classics and have not read like any of them (I always avoided them in English class) but I do love quotes! I have never really looked at classic quotes because I just don't understand old books. The one I chose is from Jane Eyre (I did read some of this one in high school!) and to me it's saying that we should think before we act. My manager actually talks about this with me all of the time because I talk out of anger and it causes me to not really explain why I am mad. I'm the type of person that if I don't act or speak out right away than I lose my confidence and won't ever speak up and say or do what I really wanted to and than I regret it.


CAST IT! Take the book you are currently reading and cast the main character only.

1. Book title and author: Snark & Circumstance series by Stephanie Wardrop
2. Character name and brief description: Michael Endicott...honestly I did not pay attention if there was a major description but I picture him to look like...
3. Actor name (pictures are great too): THOMAS MCDONELL *sigh*
4. Tell me why you picked that actor: Thomas is HOT. I LOVE HIS HAIR and I think someone like Michael who is snarky and came from another school where he is rumored to have done all these bad things should look like this...



PICTURE IT!

Choose an image (or song) that makes you think of the main character, an important plot point, the book's theme, the setting, or any other story-related element that triggers your imagination.

The image I have chosen is by Rob Shenk:


I chose this picture because Winter is a time in the Snark & Circumstance series where things changed between Michael and Georgia and book two ended in a way that I really liked. Snow brings peace and I like that.



0 comments:

Post a Comment