Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Whatever Life Throws At You - Julie Cross


Summary from Goodreads:

Life loves a good curveball…

Seventeen-year-old Annie Lucas's life is completely upended the moment her dad returns to the major leagues as the new pitching coach for the Kansas City Royals. Now she's living in Missouri (too cold), attending an all-girls school (no boys), and navigating the strange world of professional sports. But Annie has dreams of her own—most of which involve placing first at every track meet…and one starring the Royals' super-hot rookie pitcher.

But nineteen-year-old Jason Brody is completely, utterly, and totally off-limits. Besides, her dad would kill them both several times over. Not to mention Brody has something of a past, and his fan club is filled with C-cupped models, not smart-mouthed high school “brats” who can run the pants off every player on the team. Annie has enough on her plate without taking their friendship to the next level. The last thing she should be doing is falling in love.

But baseball isn't just a game. It's life. And sometimes, it can break your heart…

I have a new appreciation for baseball thanks to Whatever Life Throws At You. And I totally have dibs on Jason Brody so remember that when you read this book! Jason is so so sooooo yummy! And so sweet and just so cute especially when he is speaking spanish to Annie! I had to have Google translator up on my phone while reading so that I could figure out what he was saying. And his secret problem just made me melt and I was rooting for him throughout the whole book! My heart just feels so happy for him after reading this book and I just want the best for him - he's not even real but ugh he deserves everything. Annie is one of my new favorite MCs. She was just so awesome and her first run-in with Jason was so funny. Besides Jason, I actually REALLY liked reading a sports book about baseball. I saw a review on Goodreads where the reviewer said there were so many inaccuracies but since I've never sat and watched baseball and know nothing about it, I have no problem. Now I really want to watch baseball, though!

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment