Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Famous Last Words - Katie Alender

Summary from Goodreads:

Willa is freaking out. It seems like she's seeing things. Like a dead body in her swimming pool. Frantic messages on her walls. A reflection that is not her own. It's almost as if someone -- or something -- is trying to send her a message.

Meanwhile, a killer is stalking Los Angeles -- a killer who reenacts famous movie murder scenes. Could Willa's strange visions have to do with these unsolved murders? Or is she going crazy? And who can she confide in? There's Marnie, her new friend who may not be totally trustworthy. And there's Reed, who's ridiculously handsome and seems to get Willa. There's also Wyatt, who's super smart but unhealthily obsessed with the Hollywood Killer.

All Willa knows is, she has to confront the possible-ghost in her house, or she just might lose her mind . . . or her life.

I was a little hesitant to read Famous Last Words. I knew I liked the cover but I think it's hard to find good murder/ghost stories. Fortunately, I ended up REALLY liking this book a lot! I was so pleasantly surprised! Famous Last Words was a crazy roller coaster ride and I loved every minute of it. I guessed the wrong killer (the killer ended up being my second choice) but that's okay because when it was revealed I was just like NO WAY. I don't know how I didn't see it coming! I can guess movies pretty well but books seem to be harder for some reason. I loved that the story took place in Los Angeles and the murders being scenes from old movies like The Birds. SO COOL. And the ghost aspect was so creepy as well! When our MC Willa was calm, I was calm but when she started panicking, I started panicking. I literally could feel what she was feeling no matter the emotion throughout the entire book which made for a really awesome reading experience! I recently won a copy of Katie's other book, Bad Girls Don't Die that I cannot WAIT to read! I just hope I love everything else she has written!

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment