Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Bridge From Me To You - Lisa Schroeder

Summary from Goodreads:

Lauren has a secret. Colby has a problem. But when they find each other, everything falls into place.

Lauren is the new girl in town with a dark secret. Colby is the football hero with a dream of something more. In alternating chapters, they come together, fall apart, and build something stronger than either of them thought possible--something to truly believe in.





The Bridge from Me to You is a very heartwarming story. I felt so warm inside after I finished and just wanted to hug this book and whoever was near me. While this story reminded me a lot of Friday Night Lights (a show I absolutely love), I didn't mind. Football is one of my least my favorite sports but I also didn't mind because the focus wasn't on football - it was on hope and faith and the belief that things will work out. I loved that Lauren's chapters were told in verse and Colby's were normal, it gave me a good distinction between these two characters. I also like that Lauren and Colby didn't immediately date because the friendship was the best part (although I wish there had been more). The one storyline that I didn't like was with Lauren and her mom - it felt very underdeveloped to me and didn't really make me root for Lauren. I'm Team Colby all the way with this story! When he stood up to his dad, I just wanted to shout with happiness! And kudos to this book for taking place in Oregon :)

Rating: 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment