Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Art of Lainey - Paula Stokes

Summary from Goodreads:

Soccer star Lainey Mitchell is gearing up to spend an epic summer with her amazing boyfriend, Jason, when he suddenly breaks up with her—no reasons, no warning, and in public no less! Lainey is more than crushed, but with help from her friend Bianca, she resolves to do whatever it takes to get Jason back.

And that’s when the girls stumble across a copy of The Art of War. With just one glance, they're sure they can use the book to lure Jason back into Lainey’s arms. So Lainey channels her inner warlord, recruiting spies to gather intel and persuading her coworker Micah to pose as her new boyfriend to make Jason jealous. After a few "dates", it looks like her plan is going to work! But now her relationship with Micah is starting to feel like more than just a game.

What's a girl to do when what she wants is totally different from what she needs? How do you figure out the person you're meant to be with if you're still figuring out the person you're meant to be?

I was a little hesistant before reading The Art of Lainey because from what I've seen, there is a lot of hype! And anything that has a lot of hype surrounding it, I usually end up hating at first. Also... The Art of War... um, no thank you. I didn't even read the books required in high school so why would I like this storyline? But, I loved it! The best part was obviously anything with Micah because hello, MICAH. It was so cool to see a guy who has a mohawk and cooks and was just different then typical pretty boy. I also liked that there was a coffee shop and how clever was that creepy pancake house?! I want to go! With Micah! And I want to have a food fight with Micah! And just...do...stuff...with Micah ;) Another good part was the snippets we got of Lainey and Trinity (now I want to put a streak in my hair). I will have to read Infinite Repeat (novella about Micah). I am officially a fan of Paula Stokes and cannot wait to read Liars, Inc.! And hey, Paula, if you ever want to write more of Lainey and Micah, I would not mind another book! :)

Rating: 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment