Monday, September 15, 2014

Around The World With... (September 2014)

Hey everyone! I created a new feature for Unraveling Books! I love to travel and want to go all over the world one day and I also love books! So, I decided to find a new way to incorporate the two and came up with "Around the World with..." Each month I am going to feature one of you lovely book bloggers and ask you some questions about books and traveling.

So without further ado, here is...
Anna from Anna Reads! Okay I literally have not been able to contain my excitement about this months guest! My sister had always wanted me to do a blog of some sorts and she always gets a kick out of hearing my thoughts on books and movies etc, so she thought why not have me try a book blog. I wasn't sure about it because I just can't (to this day) put my thoughts into writing (as you can tell). But we went online and looked up book blogs and Anna's was the first one I found! I scoured her blog for hours and then found other blogs and it was definitely because of Anna and her blog that I decided to try this out. I know we all know Anna on Twitter but now let's see what she has to say about traveling! Thank you so much Anna for doing this!!
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Tops on my "to see someday list" are Australia and New Zealand.


If you were a city what city would you be?
Actually I think I'd be my hometown, Chicago. Busy busy busy and always something to do, but more laid-back than NYC. That's very "me." Oh, and lots of hot & cold extremes. Ha!

 Favorite place you’ve been to?
My two favorite cities I've visited are Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and Oia (Greece), with Munich (Germany) being a closer runner-up in third.

Favorite setting in a book? Least favorite?
This may sound counterintuitive to me just saying how much I love city life, but I love rural settings in books (In Honor by Jessi Kirby is a good example). I also love books like Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard that are set in relatively unpopulated areas, like remote beaches. I guess I like them because they take me to places unlike those I see every day!

Are you planning on traveling anywhere in 2014?
Yes, I've got an insane amount of travel the rest of this year: Vegas twice, Orlando, California, Portland, Seattle, Nashville. And that's not counting the trips I've already gone on this year! Clearly, I travel a lot.

Favorite book set in Europe? North America (East, West, North, South, Midwest - pick a book for each location in North America or just a couple that you like)? Other place?
Off the top of my head...
Europe: Just One Day by Gayle Forman
U.S. East: Sloppy Firsts by Jessica Darling
West: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
South: Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
Midwest: Divergent by Veronica Roth

If you were taking a road trip, what would be some of your must see tourist stops?
In theory I love road trips -- I romanticize books like Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson and adore road trip books like Saving June by Hannah Harrington or Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt. But in reality I can't sit still that long and trying to read gives me motion sickness so...nowhere, unless it's within three hours from home!

Favorite author? Where are they from?
My favorite author is Megan McCafferty, who is from New Jersey and sets her Jessica Darling series there. Which is why Sloppy Firsts was the first book that came to my mind for the East Coast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment