Monday, March 17, 2014

Endless - Amanda Gray

Summary from Goodreads:

“I'd do it a thousand times over for one chance to spend my life with you.”

Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.

When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.

Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back.

While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.
I was pleasantly surprised by Endless! When I first saw the book on Netgalley, I decided to request it because I absolutely LOVE the cover! I really can't even remember how much of the summary I read or if I even read it at all. Endless included so many fun ideas - reincarnation, past lives, the Romanov's! How cool! I heard them referenced once in an episode of Gilmore Girls so now I need to research them even more! I have a really hard time reading books that are not set in the present day but the balance between present and past was split perfectly that it didn't make me bored or anything. I think Endless will be a nice hidden gem for people who are looking for something different in their routine (not hit worthy per se but a good one)! While I didn't feel like the writing was the strongest, it didn't deter me from enjoying the book and I am open to seeing if there are other YA books that have the same story lines!

Rating: 8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment