Friday, February 21, 2014

Around the World with... (February 2014) - NEW FEATURE!

Hey everyone! So as I said at the beginning of the month, I created a new feature for Unraveling Books! I love to travel and want to go all over the world one day and I also love books! So, I decided to find a new way to incorporate the two and came up with "Around the World with..." Each month I am going to feature one of you lovely book bloggers and ask you some questions about books and traveling. I am still fine tuning this feature so I hope to come up with more questions or change the questions as I do more of these! And I drew the logo in color but my scanner was acting weird so hopefully that will be fixed for next time!

So without further ado, here is...

Angie from Disquietus Reads! She is one of the first book bloggers I met last year during the Summer Lovin' RAT and we got to go to some of Wordstock together in Portland last year!

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Ireland. There are tons of international countries I would love to travel to, but if I can only visit one of them, it would be the country of my ancestors. I've been obsessed with it ever since I was a kid, and am in fact going to use the next two years to save up and get everything in order so I can go for my 30th birthday.

If you were a city what city would you be?
Oooooooh. I love this question. I'm going to have to take the easy way and say I'd be my home town of Portland, OR. Just because.

Favorite place you’ve been to?
New York City. When I graduated from college back in 2009, my cousin surprised me with a trip there as my graduation present and it was the best vacation I've ever had. There was so much to see and do that I barely got to scratch the surface. I can't wait to go back.

Favorite setting in a book? Least favorite?
I love when books are set in the southern U.S., or small towns. Maybe because I've always wanted to live in a small town, and the southern part of the country is the one I've always wanted to visit and haven't. As for my least favorite, I'm not really sure I have one. Maybe space? Does that count. For someone who loves Sci-Fi as much as I do, I always struggle with books set in space.

Are you planning on traveling anywhere in 2014?
Oh lots of places, hopefully. I'm going to Seattle in February, and then in either late March/early April I'm going to go to Minnesota or Nebraska, or possibly Minnesota and then drive down to Nebraska for a couple days. In the summer I'm going to Sacramento and then in November I'm going to South Carolina. And that's just what I have planned right now.

Favorite book set in Europe? North America? Other place?
Ohhhhhhhh this is so hard. So I'll totally cheat and just choose my favorite books from the last year.

Favorite book set in Europe-Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Favorite book set in North America-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

If you were taking a road trip, what would be some of your must see tourist stops?
Hmmmmm it would depend on where I'm road tripping too, but if I were taking my dream road trip from Portland to Washington DC via the CA and the southern states, I would stop at a winery in northern California, and then obviously I would have to stop at Disneyland. I would also want to detour through both San Diego and Dallas, TX so I could go to the zoo in each city. I would also make sure to check out the Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas. And of course I would visit all of the touristy places in DC. Honestly, I'm sure there are tons more that I would stop at, but I've never really thought about it.

Favorite author? Where are they from?
Victoria Schwab, who is from Tennessee I believe.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! This was such an awesome idea for a feature, and so much fun to do. Thanks for letting me participate :)

    ReplyDelete