Monday, December 30, 2013

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally

“Congratulations, Mommy," I say, dropping the doll into his hands. "You could've told me I knocked you up."
"My bad. I thought you'd force me to get an abortion," Henry replies, taking the baby and cradling it as if it's real. "He has your eyes, Woods."
"And your hair." The doll is bald. "Can we name him Joe Montana?"
"Hells no, his name is Jerry Rice."
"No, his name is Joe Montana."
"I was in labor with him for fourteen hours!" Henry exclaims as he rocks the baby back and forth. “His name is Jerry Rice."
I grin. "Fine.”

Summary: Jordan is the star quarterback on her football team. Surrounded by guys all of the time, what happens when new guy Ty comes in and turns her world upside down?

*Contains some mini-ish spoilers*
This book was so bad you guys. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars on Goodreads because I love Henry, otherwise I would've just given it 1 star. I have been dying to read this book since the spring/summer and I love the cover so much! But unfortunately it was a letdown. It took me like two weeks to read it and it was painful. I hated Ty with a passion, like for real he is just awful! And then when Jordan and Ty got together and all of a sudden she realized she's been in love with Henry, her best friend, this entire time...WTF. She is so wishy washy and Ty was controlling. I didn't trust Ty from the moment he came in the book! Oh and her "journal entries" or "poems" were just so bad! They were so pointless and some of the writing was just really bad in this book! I did like all of the family stuff though and her relationships with her fellow teammates! Lots of funny moments with Henry like the quote I posted above! The scenes where they had to take care of a fake baby were the best! I do like that the football stuff and the hardships of trying to play the sport as a girl were believable though! Believe it or not, I will be trying out Miranda's other books. I just love the covers too much not to try! And I am particularly excited for Racing Savannah because I love anything and everything to do with horse racing!

Rating: 3/10 

0 comments:

Post a Comment