Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-Thon

Hi everyone! So the Ho-Ho-Ho RAT has officially started! As a reminder, the book I am planning on reading this weekend is Snow Queen by Emma Harrison! I do hope to get through a second one but I really don't want to overwhelm myself because I want to participate in the challenges! They look really fun! This post is going to be my main update post where I am going to post my answers to the challenges and my reading progress. I will also be updating on Twitter as well!

Day 1: Read chapters 1 and 2

Day 2: Read chapters 3, 4, 5 and 6

Day 3: Read chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10

Day 4: Completed book! :) Read the review HERE!


Challenges:

"Holiday Scramble"
Hosted by: Rainy Day Ramblings
Unscramble the words below:

1. aegicnhxocoeek ---------->Cookie Exchange
2. rpaticopeepnocm ---------->Peppermint Cocoa
3. tcigrdafs ---------->Gift cards
4. eadreer ---------->E-reader
5. sottiffsugcrenk ---------->Stocking Stuffer
6. kmaborko ---------->Bookmark
7. osylooabdihk ---------->Book Holidays
8. wsltiish ---------->Wishlist
9. obagbko ---------->Bookbag
10. etsnrep ---------->Present
11. kohobslfe ---------->Bookshelf
12. bktlnea ---------->Blanket



"Share Your Favorite Holiday Tradition or Recipe"
Hosted by: Obsession with Books
Directions: Share your favorite holiday tradition or recipe!
My family doesn't really have any traditions. We're all kind of spread out all over the place so I'm usually not home with them because I'm usually out living on my own in a different state or something. One thing I always do though is put up the Christmas tree as soon as Halloween is over! I'm not a fan of Thanksgiving so I skip that holiday!!


"My Twelves Days of Christmas Challenge"
Hosted by: Back Chatting Books
1. An Instance of the Fingerpost
2. Dove in the Window
3. Les Miserables
4. The Call of Cthulhu
5. The Hobbit
6. Goosebumps (Night of the Living Dummy)
7. Wild Swans
8. The Help
9. The Lady is a Vamp
10. A Play of Lords
11. The Pied Piper of Hamelin
12. War Drums


"Cover Love Puzzle Challenge"
Hosted by: My Shelf Confessions
Directions:
Solve four puzzles to guess the titles of the books.



"Favorite Holiday Recipe"
Hosted by: Little Library Muse
My favorite holiday recipe is....
Anything cookie or cupcake related that lets me decorate with my own designs! So it would have to be a sugar cookie or a white plain cupcake! I love adding sprinkles on top and making designs! I love using cookie cutters, too!

2 comments:

  1. Snow Queen sounds good, and I hope you are having fin. *hands you a snowman cookie*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined this read-a-thon also. =) Thanks for sharing all of the challenges!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete