Thursday, October 31, 2013

All About Carrie!

So I have one post left for all of you as it is now Halloween which means October is almost over and so is Leanne's Horror October! For this last post I have chosen to discuss Carrie - the book by Stephen King as well as the original movie and the remake that just cam out this month! Let's start with the book!

This book was nothing like I thought it was going to be! I expected an actual story with you know...actual chapters. Instead, King wrote the story with clips of interviews, news articles, scientific information, etc... Because of this I had a very very hard time getting through this book! I basically ended up just skimming the book because I just couldn't take it anymore. I swear the only books I can actually read are YA. Whenever I try something new in the book world, it just doesn't seem to work out. I really wanted to like this book because it's a classic and King is kind of the master! I still want to try his other works and hope to accomplish at least The Shining this year!
Now for the movie...let's start with the original...I love the original! It's so good and that takes a lot for me to say because I hate anything that looks old - which in theory I should've loved the remake instead. But nope. This movie is amazing. Sissy Spacek is so scary! And the ending to the movie! Ah! And just the whole prom scene in general was way more scary because there wasn't like any talking. It was just music playing while you watch what's going on.




*Possible spoilers ahead if you haven't seen Carrie!*

In the remake, so many little details were changed! Like people lived who didn't in the original. Sue was pregnant in the remake. There was no scary ending, just Sue talking in a court room. Carrie FLEW in the remake! I was just appalled at how awful that was! They definitely made the remake in the present day which is fine, I just wish it wasn't so cheesy. I do like Chloe Moretz as Carrie though but she just didn't have that extra special something to make it great. Julianne Moore was awesome as the mom though! So much better then the original! And the prom scene was prettier, too!

So overall, the winner here is definitely the original movie version of Carrie!

Tell me: Have you seen or read Carrie? What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment