Thursday, June 6, 2013

Unbreak My Heart - Melissa C. Walker

 
"Sometimes to really see something, you have to reframe it."

Summary: Clem is stuck on a boat with her family for the summer where she is forced to think about the fact that she ruined her friendship with her best friend Amanda because she fell for her boyfriend. Along the way, Clem meets James who helps her see the situation differently and re-evaluate her life.

I read this book because it has a Sarah Dessen feel to it and I LOVE Dessen. As I was reading the book I was really hating it because it takes forever to learn why Clem and her friend Amanda aren't friends anymore. Now, I would have known the reason if I had just read the summary, but the real reason I checked out the book from the library is because I really love the cover. Plus, it's got a travel vibe to it which I also love. I honestly think it's ridiculous that Clem is beating herself up so much over this situation. Sure Clem fell for her best friend's boyfriend, but they never hooked up so I wish she didn't feel so guilty. Overall, I thought this book was decent.

Rating: 5/10

1 comment:

  1. High five for borrowing books out of the library! and it is a pretty book cover=]

    ReplyDelete