Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Frostbite (Vampire Academy Book 2) - Richelle Mead

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7D6nzsqgLxuQbKq8utBoRIk-JJaQyk8a5DZzUpCOo51HNlb7r7z6vMRHRf2BjOrgjoJQS07mZcFBJ70ZFyScal7QQjoBEUCM2Zt7NtrvoolJu5qBZK8Yc12U62Llm1mqZUBmhQOazmug/s1600/frostbite.jpg 

"There's nothing worse than waiting and not knowing what'll happen to you. Your own imagination can be crueler than any captor."

Summary: Life is tough for Rose after St. Vladimir's Academy goes on high alert after a major Strigoi attack. The attack brings in extra Guardians - one of them being Rose's mother Janine, Dimitri might be into someone else, and Rose's friend Mason has a huge crush on her. On a mandatory ski trip to Idaho, Rose and her friends will find themselves in a dangerous fight against the Strigoi. 

Frostbite was such a fun read! Even though there was lots of drama, it was nice to see the characters have fun with each other while skiing, though the happiness was short lived. I'm glad we got to see the relationship between Rose and her mother but I'm not a fan of Janine! I wish Rose had a mom that she could really get along with. We got introduced to new characters, as well. I think I like Adrian but I'm not sure. I'm curious to see his role later on. I want to see more of the strange dreams that Rose has with him in them. There was also a death in this book that I won't spoil for anyone - but it was so sad! Looking forward to book three!

Rating: 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment