Wednesday, June 24, 2015

99 Days - Katie Cotugno

Summary from Goodreads:

Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that’s how I know everyone still remembers everything—how I destroyed my relationship with Patrick the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. How I wrecked their whole family. Now I’m serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college, and be done.

Day 4: A nasty note on my windshield makes it clear Julia isn’t finished. I’m expecting a fight when someone taps me on the shoulder, but it’s just Gabe, home from college and actually happy to see me. “For what it’s worth, Molly Barlow,” he says, “I’m really glad you’re back.”

Day 12: Gabe got me to come to this party, and I’m actually having fun. I think he’s about to kiss me—and that’s when I see Patrick. My Patrick, who’s supposed to be clear across the country. My Patrick, who’s never going to forgive me.

I'm really not sure where to start. I really liked 99 Days. It's my first book by Katie Cotugno (I've had How to Love sitting on my Nook forever but haven't read it yet), but I wonder if I should've started with that one first because while I really liked this one, I feel like I'm not getting the whole fascination with Cotugno (even though I 100% stand by my 4 star rating). Like, I feel like I'm going to be pondering 99 Days for days to come because I feel like I'm missing something and I feel sad that I'm done with the book and I feel sad about how the characters treated each other. The writing was fun and easy and I loved the imagery that Katie provided with the words. I felt like I was able to visually see what was happening so well! I thought the characters were really well done - even though I really hate all of them because they all did mean things, but there's something sooo likable about each one (Molly was too selfish for me most of the time though!). I think this book is perfect to read during the summer and I wish I would've read each "Day" during each day of the summer because it would've been fun to be like "Let's see what's going on with Molly today." I was disappointed with the lack of focus on Molly and her mother, and I'm bummed about the ending but in a way, I know it's like real life! I'll keep the ending if Katie could just give us more with the mother/daughter situation. Overall, I'm glad I read this book (I'm obsessed with the cover!), and I do think it's a good book that showed what girls go through in cheating situations.

Rating: 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment