Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stupid Boy by Cindy Miles

Stupid Boy by Cindy Miles
(Stupid in Love #2)
Publication date: February 17th 2015
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Goodreads

Synopsis:
From Cindy Miles, bestselling new adult author of STUPID GIRL, comes the next installment of her blockbuster Stupid in Love series – STUPID BOY.

Brax Jenkins and Olivia Beaumont are the most envied couple at Winston University—but the so-called “virginity dare,” orchestrated by Brax’s old fraternity, almost tore them apart. Now, a new dare is taking shape, and it’s sure to set emotions ablaze–more than ever before.

Winston’s “It Girl” Harper Belle isn’t just president of the Deltas–she’s also a master at keeping her ugly past a secret. So, when the Kappas’ dare hits closer to home for her more than anyone realizes, she devises a competition of her own as payback. Three sorority sisters will seek out a notorious womanizer on campus and–unbeknownst their “mark”–secretly train him to be the perfect boyfriend. Always up for a challenge, Harper targets the biggest player she can find: Brax’s wickedly handsome foster brother Kane McCarthy.

But, Harper discovers there’s much more to Kane than girls, games, and partying. His easy smile belies the quiet, old soul reflected in his deep brown eyes. All it takes is one night, one secret laid bare, and one kiss from Kane to shift Harper’s world on its axis. Suddenly, the girl who’s always walked a straight and narrow path can’t think of anything else except losing control.

MY REVIEW:

I sometimes get this feeling when I read certain books, like I feel "cool" in the "I'm so popular" sense. This book made me feel that way. I have been really enjoying the review books I have been reading that have been featuring MC's in college. There was something about Harper, the MC in Stupid Boy, that I really liked. It was interesting reading about a girl in a sorority, the president of this sorority, who deep inside is not a sorority girl. I felt a certain feeling of comfort and I think it was because I could find certain things about Harper (and Kane) that I could relate to! Harper and Kane both come from rough backgrounds and have traumatic events that happened to them and their families. Kane's storyline was very interesting to me while Harper's was a little more difficult because we didn't find out til pretty much the end what little bit had happened to her that caused her to be the way she is. I wish we got more of her living with her evil grandmother because I was picturing something from the South with rich people and snobby people and things like that and we barely got anything. I especially thought we'd get more of her grandmother because she was all about making sure Harper didn't "shame the Belles good name." What I've noticed about New Adult books is how repetitive they are! It really frustrates me! Murphy, her best friend, was super annoying with the British that she was speaking in every sentence, too! It was not believable and constantly took me out of my reading flow. Kane was so sweet and different from how Brax was in Stupid Girl! And I loved that we got to have Brax and Olivia featured in this book as well! I would love to get a book just about Harper and Olivia going on a road trip or traveling together somewhere. Kane and Harper were soooo cute and I trusted him so much more than I ever did Brax! A certain moment with Harper reminded me a lot of something I had with a guy and I LOVED IT. I was so giddy and loved thinking back to what happened to me! Overall, I really enjoyed Stupid Boy and I already miss reading about Harper, Kane, Brax, and Olivia!

Rating: 4/5

Quotes I liked:
"If I pay a hundred will that ensure me a place beside you?" 
(p. 65)(Kane)
"You can breathe now Harper." 
(p. 70)(Kane)
"I might be fast with the numbers, Harper, but I don’t swindle hearts. It’s not my MO.” 
(p. 82)(Kane)
“Fear is our common factor, Harper. Broken recognizes broken. It’s also what sets us apart.” (p. 85)(Kane)
“New experiences, Ms. Belle. There’s a million of them, just waiting for you.” 
(p. 137)(Kane)
“See, I don’t know why Kane stays in the numbers. He’s wicked smart. But I do know one thing about my brother. He’s strong. And he’s honorable. And when he’s got your back, he’s got it for life. So what I’m sayin’ is, he’s got your back. Make sure you have his, too." 
(p. 144)(Brax)

0 comments:

Post a Comment