Thursday, February 19, 2015

One Wish Away - Kelley Lynn

Summary from Goodreads:

Be careful what you wish for…

Lyra has always been ahead of the curve. Top of her class in school, a budding astronomer, and with a best friend like Darren she barely has time to miss the mother who abandoned her family years ago. She's too busy planning to follow in her father's footsteps, and to become the youngest astronomer at Space Exploration and Discovery.

When a star goes missing Lyra is determined to get to the bottom of it only to discover her braniac dad is the mastermind of a top-secret government experiment. They promise to build a perfect world, one galaxy at a time, but with every tweak of the present, a bit more of the future starts to crumble.

Lyra has to go undercover to reveal the truth and let humanity decide if the consequences are worth more than wishing on a star.

One Wish Away was a disappointment for me. I liked the concept at first and the chapters were nice and short and I was able to read it fast, but then it just got too ridiculous for me. Everything was just weird for me. I wish I would've read Kelley Lynn's other book Road to Somewhere first because I think I would like that one but I'm nervous to now! Because of the way the storyline in One Wish Away changes all of the time, I just couldn't get connected. But then the ending was so frustrating because it's a cliffhanger and now I'm all like "I NEED THE SECOND BOOK NOW." I don't know if there is going to be a second one though :( Anyways, yes, so this book was not my cup of tea but now I'm invested so it would be great if Lynn put out a second one.

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment