Monday, December 1, 2014

Where She Went - Gayle Forman

Summary from Goodreads:

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

I just don't get why everyone loves the If I Stay books. Where She Went is the sequel, and after reading it, I'm wondering if I'm just too stupid or something. I feel no emotional connection except extreme hatred over Mia. Like seriously, I want to punch her. And I only related to Adam once and that was just over the fact that he's been left with tons of questions and no answers for the last three years. And boy oh boy can I relate to that! I've literally been going through this exact same situation over the past three years of my life. After reading Where She Went, I definitely got in a slight reading slump but was able to push through it because I'm finally just so happy to be done with these books! I did love that the story took place in New York...that's pretty much all I loved, though. But go ahead and read these books for yourself and form your own opinions because literally everyone will say they are amazing even though I'm not.

Rating: 5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment