Thursday, December 4, 2014

Life of a Blogger

Life of a Blogger is hosted by Novel Heartbeat where a subject is chosen and you talk about it. This week's topic is Where You Live.

As of right now, I guess technically I split my time between Oregon and Utah. I usually do seasonal work so I live in different places throughout the year (Alaska, Washington State, etc...) but now I am heading back to Park City, Utah - THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH. This time, I hope to make this move back to Utah permanent! For this Life of a Blogger post, I am going to share some brief information about Oregon and then some about Utah as well.


Oregon:
I was born in Portland and have lived here all my life (except for work). Personally, it is not my favorite place and I have always hated living here. Now that I am older, I do appreciate the beauty of this state more and I enjoy Downtown Portland the best! I love the vibe downtown and I like just walking around and exploring. Red Rock Restaurant and Bunk Sandwiches have the best pulled pork sandwiches! Portland also has Salt & Straw Ice Cream, Slappy Cakes (you get to make your own pancakes for breakfast), Mother's restaurant (BEST BISCUITS AND GRAVY), VOODOO DONUTS (DUH), etc... All of my concerts have pretty much been held at the Roseland Theater and the Rose Garden which is so fun. Blazers games at the Rose Garden is a must do. What's great about Oregon is you can go to all these gardens, the beach, Tillamook Cheese Factory (!!!), Multnomah Falls, Mt. Hood, and the city all within a few hours of each other.

 

***********************************************

Utah:
PARK CITY IS THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER LIVED. It feels more like home then Oregon EVER has. Even when my family came to visit, they said that they can tell PC is where I should be. It's a small ski town (half hour from Salt Lake City, though), but so much fun! I don't ski or snowboard - I tried skiing but lasted 10 minutes and then walked back down the mountain. I work for the best company - Deer Valley Resort! What I love about PC is that it opened me up to the Arts. I got my love for photography, ballet, art galleries, the symphony, etc... from this town. Winter is my favorite holiday so of course this town is perfect because SNOW. And then the summers....WOW, so gorgeous! I love going hiking or riding the chair lifts during the summer. Just perfect, clear blue skies. The best part of Park City is the infamous SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL! I loooove volunteering and seeing the movies for free and meetings tons and tons of celebrities!

 







0 comments:

Post a Comment