Sunday, June 15, 2014

Around The World With... (June 2014)

Hey everyone! I created a new feature for Unraveling Books! I love to travel and want to go all over the world one day and I also love books! So, I decided to find a new way to incorporate the two and came up with "Around the World with..." Each month I am going to feature one of you lovely book bloggers and ask you some questions about books and traveling.

So without further ado, here is...


Octavia from Read.Sleep.Repeat! I met Octavia when she was one of the hosts of the Summer Lovin' RAT! Since then, it has been fun getting to talk to her on Twitter (I especially enjoyed all of her tweets when she became a first time watcher of The Vampire Diaries!) and participate in her new online book club!

1. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
It's actually a tie! I'd give up an arm to go to the Maldives and Barcelona

2. If you were a city what city would you be?
I'm actually going to cheat a pick the state of Hawaii. I could have tried narrowing it down to one city but I have my moments when I can properly portrat the various personalities of each island.


3. Favorite book setting?
It's going to sound so cheesy but I love when a book is set in New York. It just keeps the fantasy version of NY that I've built in my head real...if that makes sense! My least favorite is anything in the south. I get annoyed by the stereotypes and it's so hard to find a book that can step away from those stereotypes.

4. Are you planning on traveling anywhere in 2014?
In 2014 I'm actually planning to travel to New York for BEA (there goes the fantasy hello reality!)! I've never really wanted to visit NY but I'm really excited.

5. Favorite book placed in Europe? America? Other place?
Europe. It's a tie between Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor (Prague!!) and Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo (alternate reality-ish RUSSIA!)
America. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (dystopian Chicago)
Other place. SPACE!! These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

6. If you were taking a road trip, what would be some of your must see tourist spots?
I honestly never really thought of this! I loathe being in cars for long periods of time but a place I really REALLY want to drive/see is the autobahn in Germany. I like to go fast.

7. Favorite author? Where are they from?
This question is CRUEL! I don't have a favorite author, but I have many authors I could read over and over again and never tire of them. Including:
Anne Bishop ~ I have no idea where she's from but she currently stays in NYC
Leigh Bardugo ~ Born in Jerusalem, raised in LA
Brandon Sanderson ~ Nebraska
Tahereh Mafi ~ Connecticut

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me!! This is such a cool idea and I had so much fun coming up with the answers! Thank you a million times for even considering me! :)

    ReplyDelete