Friday, May 30, 2014

The Star Kissed series - Jamie Campbell

Summary from Goodreads:

Melrose Morgan was your typical teenager, flipping burgers and surviving high school the best she could. Yet all that changed after a chance encounter took her face to face with the world’s biggest superstar.

Living every girl’s fantasy, Melrose falls for one fifth of the most successful boy bands on the planet, Cole Newton. He invites her on a date and she can’t help but fall in love with her idol.

But in a world that is full of shining stars, can one small town girl really capture the heart of a supernova?
I've been in a bit of a reading slump and I can't seem to find the time to read full books so I've been reading some short stories instead! I bought this series a month or two ago and it seemed perfect for right now. The Star Kissed series is a fun, light read! I sped through each one super fast and it gave me the little jolt of excitement I needed to keep reading. These definitely read as fan fiction with the writing not being the strongest but I still enjoyed them. The main band is like One Direction which made these fun and I always like to makeup stories like this in my head when I'm sleeping at night so it was nice to read one. Overall, if you're looking for a fun set of short stories, then these try these. They don't necessarily have the cute factor and some of it is a little far fetched and unfinished since it isn't a long book but still good to help with a reading slump!

Rating: 6/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment