Thursday, February 27, 2014

Accidents & Incidents - Riley Graham

Summary from Goodreads:

Sometimes finding love means taking the scenic route...Living with her fault finding mother has taught Leslie not to ask for much. Just watch your step, stay on the sidelines, and take what you can get. But she wants a mom who thanks her for cleaning the kitchen instead of yelling at her for missing a spot, and a boyfriend who does more than score her a seat at the popular table-someone who actually notices her sitting there. So when Cain, the school heartbreaker, turns his Carolina blue eyes her way, Leslie can't help but be tempted, even if he's her boyfriend's best friend. Things get even more complicated when Leslie strikes up unlikely friendships with Meredith, Cain's girlfriend, and Dennis, a boy addicted to cigarettes and solitude. Despite his tough exterior, Dennis seems to understand Leslie in a way that no one ever has, and to need her as much as she needs him. For the first time in her life, Leslie feels like she could belong. She's just not sure where.
Accidents & Incidents was really, really bad. I gave it one star on Goodreads and couldn't decide if I wanted to post a review or not but I decided to so that I can share my opinion. I thought I was going to get a cute fluffy read but Accidents & Incidents just felt really unfinished to me. I was looking at other reviews and some people were raving about this book so maybe I'm missing something but I don't think I am. 
*THIS PART OF THE REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS*
Leslie and her boyfriend break up and she is supposed to have a crush on Cain but literally they like touched hands and he pushed her hair behind her ear. They barely had any conversations and it was the same with Leslie and the new guy Dennis, too! Leslie and Dennis barely talked to each other but somehow they end up together in the end! I just don't get it! Everything got wrapped up too quickly but with no climax. Leslie and her mom also have issues and I really hated her mom but there was something missing in that storyline as well. Basically what I'm saying is, there were huge chunks of story missing that the author needed to put in, in order for this book to even get me connected to the characters and the story!

Rating: 0/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment