Monday, November 4, 2013

Getting Over Garrett Delaney - Abby McDonald

"I need to find out who I am without him."

Summary: Sadie has been in love with her best friend Garrett for two years but he doesn't love her back. Once Garrett leaves for summer camp, Sadie makes some new friends and with the help of those friends, she sets out to find who she is without Garrett.

This book was an easy read and it had it's fun moments but overall I just didn't really like it. I wanted to and I thought for sure I would! I hate Garrett! He is just such a snob and I hate that Sadie let her life revolve around a guy and became someone that wasn't even her in the first place. So once she started creating a plan to get over Garrett I was like "Yes! You go girl!" Garrett just wants attention from girls and wants to be with any girl that makes him the center of their world just like Sadie did. I also was not pleased with the ending! I feel like I can't figure out where they're headed in the future! What I did really love about the book though was Sadie's group of friends from the coffee shop she gets a job at! They were really fun and I like how they helped her with her plan and wouldn't let her get away with deviating from it too much. I especially loved when Kayla helped Sadie remember all of the movies they used to watch together - like Josie & the Pussycat Dolls. I feel like Sadie is more of a eclectic person and not the stuck up person who reads classics and whatnot. She's fun! I was really glad she stuck to her friends in the end!

Rating: 5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment