Friday, October 25, 2013

The Distance Between Us - Kasie West

"Caymen?"
"Yes?"
"You look terrified. Does this scare you?"
"More than anything."
"Why?"
"Because I didn't bring my mints."
"And now the real answer..."
"Because I'm afraid that once you catch me, the game's over."

Summary: Rich people are everything that Caymen Meyers hates but what happens when one walks into her life and changes everything?

This book was adorable! It was so enjoyable that I would read like 90-100 pages in one sitting and not even realize that I just read that much until I finally took a break. It was a very light, easy read. At first I was a little put off by Caymen. I get told that I'm sarcastic but wow Caymen is sarcastic! I ended up loving her personality though and it made for some great moments. And then there's Alexander "Xander" Spence. *sigh* He is the sweetest and I love him SO much! Have you watched One Tree Hill? The whole time I was reading the book, I was picturing Xander as Nathan Scott (played by James Lafferty). One of the moments I really liked was when Zander found out that Caymen thought he had a girlfriend. I loved how he got mad because up until that point, I couldn't tell what was going to happen. And then the kitchen scene towards the end after Caymen and her friend Skye TP'd his house...so good ;) And I love how Xander would take a sip of any of her drink before he gave it to her! If anyone read my Pivot Point review then you know I love Kasie West! While this isn't my favorite (let's face it, Pivot Point is just one of the best books ever), it's still one of my favorites and I can't wait to read more from Kasie West in the future!

Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read this book but it sounds really good! I think I will pick it up next time at the bookstore!
    I also nominated you for a Liebster Award and I hope you will partake in it! Here is the link: http://wordswithsarah.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-liebster-award-i-got-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete