Friday, September 6, 2013

My Life Undecided - Jessica Brody

"...It's like I'm caught between two versions of myself. The person I used to be and the person I'm too scared to become. I feel like I'm looking into a mirror and my reflection doesn't match. I just want to be myself again. Only, I'm not sure who that is anymore. Is it the girl in the mirror, the one I've struggled to be my entire life? Or is it this stranger living inside me who wants nothing to do with her? How do you decide between them? How do you know which one is really you?"

Summary: Brooklyn is a 15-year-old girl who has been making bad choices. One of them caused her to get arrested and 200 hours of community service. After this, she has decided that she doesn't want to make decisions anymore. So what does she do? Start a blog, of course. Her fate is now in her readers' hands.

I loved this book! The idea is so unique and fun! The whole time I kept thinking "I want to try out Brooklyn's idea!" But I already know that would be a bad decision. It was really fun living in Brooks world and I loved watching her go through all of her ups and downs. Even though I don't think some of the situations she went through were totally realistic (mostly the hostage situation), I think it was still a great book. I love that Brooklyn learned that each decision is HER choice. Even if it's a bad decision (like when she got arrested), each one teaches you a lesson! Then you take that lesson and learn from it and apply it to your life. I feel very inspired by this book! Now lets discuss the boys...Hunter and Brian. When Hunter first appeared I was like "OMG I LOVE YOU." but then that faded as soon as Brian appeared. I usually don't go for the dorky guys but he was SO CUTE. And he flirted which I really don't picture dorky guys to do! And that KISS during Truth or Dare...WOW. He's got moves! And I am also really glad that Brian learned to make his own decisions, too! Everyone should read this book like...now. Brooklyn is one of my favorite characters ever and I was so sad when the book was all over because I literally feel like I lost a best friend. I think everyone can relate to her!

Rating: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds like so much fun. I will have to get around to reading it as some point. I really enjoyed 52 Reasons to Hate by Father by Jessica Brody. I like that in Jessica's books there is always a lesson to be learnt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to make 52 reasons my next book I read by Jessica!

      Delete